Follow the John 3:16 Network Author Page on Pinterest

Friday, January 4, 2013

Fearless Friday - Meet Jill Richardson!

 
 


 
About Jill
Jill has been a high school teacher, pastor, editor, and writer, and the field is still wide open for future options. She writes in a variety of genres, having published hundreds of magazine articles, one novel, one book of plays, and two non-fiction books.

Currently, she is marketing a young adult novel involving one very unwilling heroine and her questionably legal friend. She is about to sign a contract for a teen devotional/youth group guide based on Tolkein characters. She is writing a book on her most-requested speaking topic, “How Come I Was So Nice before I Had Kids?”

Jill has a BA in English and Education from Washington University in St. Louis and an MDiv in theology from Bethel University, St. Paul. She speaks in Chicago and surrounding areas. She serves as Pastor of Discipleship at Resolution Church.

Connect with Jill

Blog
Youtube



About the Book:
Think mission trips are only for teenagers and adults-no-kids? Think again. Do you long to: --See your kids understand other cultures and levels of privilege? --Help them realize they can be ministers at any age? --Inject compassion and generosity into your daily life and their future? --Do something meaningful for others now? Don't let fears that your kids are too young, you don't have the money or the time, or anything else stop you. Start planning that life-changing experience now! Detailed, step-by-step instructions to make it happen fill this book. Pack the kids--and go!


Buy the Book on Amazon
$8.00 paperback, $3.99 Kindle
ISBN-10: 0615581188
ISBN-13: 978-0615581187

 
What is your unique talent: Seriously, my talent is to see what people really need and relate my speaking to it in a way that communicates God's grace and applies. Not so seriously, it's to police grammar and to sing the really high notes in our theater productions.

Share something not many people know about you: I had to take weapons away from students when I student taught in a tough neighborhood. All 5'2” 115 pounds of me (back then).

Are you a “pet person” or prefer no pets? Um, would telling you we once had 23 animals in our house answer that question? We're now down to 3 cats and 2 tree frogs, however.
 
Would you rather travel or stay at home? I love to travel! I want to go everywhere, but right now most especially New Zealand, Tasmania, Iceland, Scotland, and the Galapagos Islands.

Do you read more or write more? I've read more recently, but they take turns.

Prefer cake or pie? Pie.

Would, or do, ride a motorcycle or prefer to ride/drive a car? A car. Too scared of motorcycles. Could be all the years my husband worked in the ER. Mostly, I'd prefer to be on a train or boat and let someone else do it.

Bus or taxi or walk? Walk.

Are you part of a big church congregation or a small church? Small. I serve in a church plant. It's the best experience ever.

Do you like to telephone people or prefer to use e-mail? I hate phone calls. Much rather email.

Are you happy or joyful? Joyful. I'm a pretty even keel person who doesn't show a ton of emotion. It's just in there deep. You won't see me jumping around much, but I'm very full of joy.

Do you eat at home or eat out? If I can avoid cooking, I will. But can't really afford that all the time!

Listen to music or prefer quiet? When working, I must have quiet.

Prefer sunrises or sunsets? I used to prefer sunsets, but I think I've changed my mind. Maybe it's just because I never used to get up early enough to see sunrises. There's something about the subtlety of a sunrise that is so peaceful, slow, and full of promise. Truly beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. Great interview. How do you get kids to want to participate in missions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question! I think you do it by looking at their talents and what they enjoy and looking at opportunities to use those things. Finding a mission that works with other kids is often the best choice. They are good at it; they make new friends; they relate on a level we can't. If they love sports, or music, or being outdoors, look for that. Study the country beforehand, and give them concrete ways they will be able to help. Kids love to help others.

      Delete
  2. When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now
    each time a comment is added I get three emails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
    Thanks!
    Feel free to surf my site ... micheal kors bags

    ReplyDelete